Did you know our Pure Gold Pineapples are picked at peak maturity assuring quality in each fruit. What does this mean? Well our pineapples are ready to eat as soon as they are picked and hit your shelves.
Pineapples don’t ripen after picking which is why they are best to be consumed within a few days of purchasing.
The colour of a pineapples skin varies naturally throughout winter and summer and Mother Nature can also produce more golden or greener colours. So whether it is green or yellow skinned, our pineapples are ready to eat once picked.
Be sure to check that the fruit is free from spots or bruises and has a sweet aroma.
We also have some Pure Gold tips for when you are next choosing your pure gold pineapple
- Pineapples don’t ripen over time! That’s right, as soon as they are picked they are ready to be eaten
- Pure Gold Pineapples are harvested on its right maturity and are ready to eat
- The colour of a pineapple’s skin varies naturally throughout winter and summer and Mother Nature can also produce more golden or greener colours
how to PICK
Picking the perfect Pure Gold Pineapple is made simple with these golden tips from our growers.
Ken Fullerton, Fullerton Farms
Smell the bottom of the pineapple to check if it has a sweet aroma. We pick all our pineapples when they are ripe and ready to eat. Don’t forget our motto – CHOOSE it, CHOP it, CHILL
Sam Pike, Sandy Creek Pineapple Company
Use your senses. Smell for sweetness, touch to ensure no soft spots
Ben Clifton, Valley Syndicate
Make sure the skin is still nice and firm, no soft spots or bruises but also know that skin colour naturally varies
Ben Stokes, R L Stokes Farm
To choose a good pineapple you just need to grab one with our Pure Gold label!
- For any skin left on the flesh simply just slice off to remove
- The core of the pineapple contains a great nutrient called Bromelain so be sure to keep to throw into your favourite juice or smoothie
how to CUT
Cutting the perfect Pure Gold Pineapple is made simple with this golden method from our growers.
– Cut top and bottom off.
– Cut down from top to bottom to remove skin.
– Then cut in half or quarters.
– Remove core.
– Then dice to your preferred size.
- The flesh of the pineapple will start to brown once the air hits it so ensure your container or zip lock bag is airtight
- If storing in the fridge, consumer within 3-4 days to ensure
how to STORE
Storing your Pure Gold Pineapple is made simple with these golden tips from our growers.
– In an airtight container or zip lock bag.
– Pop in the freezer to eat later.
– Pop in the fridge to eat within a few days.
- Best to consume soonest to ‘savour its flavour’
- Pure Gold Pineapples are harvested at its prime maturity assuring quality in each fruit
- Our pineapples are packed straight away and transported to our consumers in its freshest condition
- When displayed on the shelves, all our Pure Gold Pineapples are “ready-to-eat” for you to enjoy!
how to EAT
Pineapple can be eaten in so many different ways.
Whether you like it fresh as soon as it’s cut, cold from the fridge or a nice frozen piece for the hot summer days, we have recipes that cover all.
Can’t decide? Our growers share some of their favourite ways to eat.
Click the links below to find out how.
Ryan Brooks, Brooks & Sons
Ben Clifton, Valley Syndicate
Nathan Stevens, Lake Mary Pines