Pineapples are one of the
healthiest fruits around
With loads of antioxidants, Vitamin C, Manganese and Bromelain (to name a few), introducing some fresh pineapple to your daily diet is a great way to boost your immune system and stay healthy.
DID YOU KNOW…
- That two slices (or 164 grams) of pineapple provides half of your daily fruit requirements
- Pineapple is a great source of Vitamin C! Just 100g of our Pure Gold Pineapples equals 98.6% of your Recommended Daily Intake (RDI*).
- Pineapples are high in fibre, and low in calories, sodium, saturated fats and cholesterol
- Bromelain is an enzyme contained in pineapple, known for its ability to break down proteins making it great for digestion.
PINEAPPLE NUTRITION DATA
Listed below is the pineapple nutrition data for a 100g serve of the Pure Gold pineapples.
Eating a few slices of fresh pineapple a day can defend your body from harmful free radicals and disease, help your digestion by cleaning the body’s organs and blood, increase your energy intake and boost metabolism, nourish your hair, skin, nails and teeth and keep you generally healthy – plus it tastes great!
|Energy||166kJ (40 Cal)|
|Fat – Total||0.0g|
|– staurated||Less than 1g|
|– mono-unsaturated||Less than 1g|
|– poly-unsaturated||Less than 1g|
|– trans||Less than 0.01g|
|Fibre – dietary||2.3g|
|Sodium||Less than 5mg|
|Vitamin C (mg)||34.5mg (98.6% RDI*)|
- RDI = recommended daily intake The RDI is a figure defined by the National Health and Medical Research Council (NH&MRC) in Australia as: “the level of intake of essential nutrients considered adequate to meet the needs of practically all healthy people“
- Australian RDI of Vitamin C = 40mg/male, 30mg/female = 35mg average
- SERVE SIZE: 1 cup or 164gm
Sources: Tropical Pineapples July 2012