How to store a pineapple
The best place to store a pineapple is in your tummy of course! If you have some left or can't get to it straight away then we suggest the following:
- Pineapples can be left at room temperature for a couple of days until they achieve your preferred skin colour.
- If they are “just right” already, they can also be wrapped in a plastic bag and stored in your refrigerator for a few days until you are ready to prepare and serve.
- Remember that pineapples are perishable fruit and you should still watch them closely to ensure they do not spoil.
- Cut pineapple, chilled and stored in an airtight container, will retain all of its quality and nutrients for up to six days.
- So your pineapple doesn't spoil make sure you choose a good pineapple at the supermarket. Or look out for the Pure Gold label for a great pineapple everytime.