1 litre Caramelised Pineapple Gelato
¼ cup Shaved, Toasted Fresh Coconut
4 cups Basic meringue mixture in piping bag
Butane Gas Cooking Blow Torch
COCONUT DACQUISE(the base)
1000 gm Egg white
300 gm Sugar
600 gm Almond meal
300 gm Shredded Coconut
900 gm Icing Sugar
1. Mix all egg whites and sugar together to form soft peaks before folding in other ingredients.
2. Bake at 160C for 18 mins in a flat slice pan
(Let cool before using a teacup to cut out your Bombe Alaska bases)
To Put Together –
1. Cut out your coconut dacquise base, gently place a generous scoop of the caramelised pineapple gelato into the centre and cover and freeze for 10 mins.
2. Remove from freezer; pipe your meringue all over till completely covered, use torch to create golden peaks all over.
3.To serve place compressed pineapple on side of plate and glaze with the rum pineapple syrup.
Optional Accompaniments….for the expert level Chef
1. Cut pineapple into 6cm x 3cm by 2cm high pieces.
2. Vac pac on 100% to compress.
3. To serve cut 2 ridges in pineapple for decoration.
Rum Pineapple Syrup
400g Pineapple Juice
1. Caramelise Sugar till dark golden.
2. Deglaze with Rum and add Pineapple Juice
3. Reduce and thicken slightly