ROASTING THE DUCK (via luv a duck)
1. Pre heat oven to 190°C.
2. Dry duck with paper towel for a crispier skin. (if possible leave duck uncovered in refrigerator to dry skin out.)
3. Ensure the vent end of the duck is open to allow even cooking. Never stuff the duck as it prevents even cooking. Instead, place your favourite herbs, zest of orange or garlic inside the cavity for a wonderful aroma while the duck is cooking. If stuffing is desired, cook it separately.
4. Place duck on a rack in a roasting tray.
5. Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
6. Roast for 40mins per kilo or until golden brown then remove duck from oven and leave to rest for 20 mins.
To portion the duck into 4, gently cut out the 2 breasts and the 2 legs with a sharp knife.
WARM GRILLED PINEAPPLE SALAD (Serves 8)
1 Pure Gold Pineapple (diced)
Teaspoon chilli flakes
2 baby fennel
1 tablespoon muscovado sugar
1 bunch coriander
1. Dice pineapple into 2 cm cubes
2. Segment oranges and finely slice fennel and add together with any juice from the oranges and set aside in a bowl
3. In a heavy based pot, melt muscovado sugar and add pineapple and well washed coriander root- chopped up very finely immediately and toss or stir to colour
4. When coloured but still in shape, cool on a tray
5. Add pineapple to fennel and orange when still just warm
6. Brunoise shallots and toss through the pineapple mixture with washed coriander leaves and chilli flakes
7. Taste the mixture - you may like to add a little Olsson’s salt to balance
8. Serve immediately