How to cut a pineapple
Pineapples can be cut and prepared in a variety of ways. Regardless of how you proceed, the first step is to remove the crown and the base of the fruit with a sharp knife.
Cutting for PresentatioN
This method is promoted on the back of our tags and is great for minimal waste and mess, and perfect for presentation.
- Cut the pineapple into lengthwise quarters
- Then scallop the flesh from the skin
- Remove the core and cut the fruit into slices and halve these if desired
- This method incorporates a handy serving “plate” in the finished product and is great for presentation.
Cutting for chunks
- Place the pineapple base side down and carefully slice off the skin in strips with a large knife
- Carve out any "eyes" with the tip of your knife
- Then cut the pineapple in half/quarters lengthwise
- Remove the core if desired
- Cut into desired shape and size.
HOW TO CUT A PINEAPPLE INTO WEDGES HOW TO CUT A PINEAPPLE INTO SLICES
You can also use pineapple corers that are available in kitchen supply stores:
- They provide a quick and convenient method for peeling and coring pineapples
- Ensure you purchase a corer that can be adjusted for different sized fruit, to minimize wastage
Now that you're pineapple is ready to eat, view our pineapple recipes for ideas on what to make!